1. The Carrier shall not be responsible for fragile items packed in boxes or barrels, such as lampshades, ornaments, paintings, china, glassware, pictures, books, etc., in case of damage unless packed by our employees.
2. The carrier shall not be responsible for the mechanical functions of pianos. Radios, clocks, refrigerators, television, computers, or any other instrument or appliance whether or not such items are packed or unpacked by the shipper, or his agent or carriers, or its agents. The Carrier shall not be liable for the damages to linoleum or heating elements of gas or electric stoves.
3. The carrier shall not be responsible for articles left in drawers of furniture or the contents of trunks.
4. The carrier shall not be responsible for ordinary wear and tear of moving, hauling, or handling goods.
5. The owner agrees to notify the carrier in writing of any changes of address which shall be acknowledged in writing by the carrier and no notice of such change shall be valid or binding if given in any other manner.
6. The carrier will not be liable for the loss or damage to documents, records, or jewellery.
7. The carrier will not be liable for loss caused by delay or damage caused by authority of the law, public enemy, or any other act or default by the customer, nor for any other cause beyond the carrier’s control.
8. The carrier’s liability in respect to any article or package is not to exceed $50.00
9 When in transit loads are insured to a value 01 $0.60 per pound against loss or damage by fire collision or overturning of the truck. If goods are of greater value, the value must be declared and additional insurance paid at the Carrier’s rate.
10. The shipper shall be responsible for damages to walks, lawns, or driveways, etc. should he/she instruct carrier employees to drive on private property.
11. Hourly charges will be based from the time the van leaves the carrier’s premises and returns provincial statutes, which are hereby incorporated by reference. Minimum 30 minutes.
12. Every service to be performed shall be subject to all the bill of lading terms and provincial statues, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
13. The carrier is not responsible for open boxes or un-crated pates of glass.
14. Optional coverage covers goods from door to door (not inside premises). Customer is liable for the first $100.00 of $500.00 of claim.
15. The carrier reserves the right to collect payment for services before final delivery.
16. Unless the customer provides or contracts with the carrier for a manifest reference to tagged items and approved by the Carrier at the time of loading, then the carrier is not responsible for missing items.
17. Responsibility for plants damaged in transit will not be assumed by the carrier,
18. Partial insurance maybe purchased only when a manifest of items and the value of each item accompanies the bill of lading. No exceptions will he made.